Updated Plan for Worship at New Horizons Christian Church
We are committed to caring for the physical and spiritual health of our New Horizons Christian Church community. With that in mind, here is our worship plan going forward through the end of 2020.
- We will continue to offer online worship on our YouTube channel.
- The sanctuary will be open for prayer and private devotions on Sunday November 15 and Sunday November 22. (Note: There will be an opportunity to help decorate the sanctuary for Advent on Sunday November 22 – see below).
- Beginning November 29 (the first Sunday in Advent), we will offer two options for in person worship in the sanctuary – one at 9AM and one at 10:45AM. These identical services will be approximately 30-35 minutes in length. Masks must be worn, and social distancing is required. There will be no congregational singing. Communion and offering will be practiced in the same way that we did at our drive-in services. At the first service we will be recording for our online service.
- In person services will be held as long as our county threat level is at Red or below.
- We will continue to evaluate this plan based upon changing circumstances including governmental guidance and possible restrictions.
- We encourage all of our members to use their best judgment in making their personal decisions about worship.
- On Sunday November 22, the sanctuary will be open from 9:30AM – 10:30AM for private devotions. From 10:30AM – 12:30AM, stations will be set up for Hanging of the Greens.
- Christmas Eve Services will be announced soon but will likely be at 5PM, 6PM, and 7PM.
- Worship on December 27 will be online only.
- Some of our small groups have been meeting with appropriate caution including the Friendship class, the Lord’s Workers class, and the Circle of Light. They will meet as long as the threat level is at Red or below.
This Sunday November 15, Ali will bring our “Dream Big” series to a close as we prepare to transition to Thanksgiving and then Advent. Remember to send to Ali or Jim something you are thankful for so it can be included in our November 22 worship service.